The Professional-Quality Quick Lift Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack has a maximum lift capacity of 3 tons making it safe to lift cars,trucks or vans. This jack is made of strong aluminium which provides a classy finish along with a very high resistance to corrosion (unlike its steel counterparts).
Being built of aluminum also means that the ALJ3T has an added advantage of being extremely easy to move around and store. At just 56 pounds, this Jack is an ultra light weight one. This means its ideal for environments, where you need to store the Jack off the ground or where you need to move the Jack around quickly such as during a race. Its also great for those of us without Arnold Schwarzenegger sized biceps, its very, very easy to move this lightweight Jack around your workshop or home garage.
Don’t be fooled by its light weight, this Jack has plenty of muscle, with a whopping 3 ton lift capacity!
The Arcan 3 ton floor Jack sports a minimum lift range of a minimum of 3.77 inches to a maximum of 19.3 inches and falls into the class of a low profile floor jack. This means this 3 ton jack is ideal for working on vehicles that are low to the ground, specifically lowered vehicles, sports vehicles or racing cars.
The Jacks saddle diameter is 4.52 inches, this provides ample cushioning and support for your vehicle. There is a rubber saddle pad on the saddle to protect the vehicles from scratches or dents.
The Arcan ALJ3T comes with a 2-piece handle. This 2-piece nature of the handle means its easily stored out of the way. The handle comes with a lock feature for easy attachment and detachment. There is a side mount handle that can be used to carry and position the jack.
The 360 degree caster, ball bearing driven rear wheels means the Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack is easy to position even in the smallest of work-spaces.
It works on dual pump piston with a fast rising action. There is a piston dust shield which prevents hydraulic contamination. To ensure safety, there is also an overload and bypass valve to prevent jack usage beyond rated capacity and over extension.
Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack Features
- Portability – weights in at just 56pounds!
- Strength – 3 Ton weight rating.
- Low profile – will fit under vehicles with as little as 3.77inches of ground clearance.
- Fast rising action – powered by dual pump pistons.
- 2 piece handle – easy storage
- Reinforced lift arm for extra strength
- Piston dust sheild
- 1 year limited warranty
- Robust – made to last and keep preforming
- Overload valves prevent overloading the Jack beyond its 3 ton capacity.
- Bypass valve for prevention of over extending the hydraulic arm
This is a quick lift jack that reaches its peak with just 12 pumps under load, not the quickest riser, but pretty good none the less.
Keep in mind with prolonged use of this Jack, as with all hydraulic Jacks, you need to check the level of hydraulic fluid now and then. Even if it looks full overtime the fluid can become contaminated with dirt, so be sure to keep an eye on it and change or top when required.
- Pros – The Jack is extremely light weight, low profile and strong. The ALJ3T is a high quality good looking jack that is easy to maneuver and transport. Great for all manner of vehicles, including trucks. Perfect for lowered or racing vehicles. The Arcane ALJ3T is one of our favorites here at best floor jacks.
- Cons – A little expensive at just over $200 and if we are being super picky, perhaps a little less robust than high priced steel Jacks, but its only a minor difference, so much so that I debated even putting it in. We have used ours in our workshop for a number of years now and its still going strong and looks almost as good as the day we bought it.
Conclusion and Recommendation
The Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack is a worthy addition to any home or professional garage, workshop or racing crew. It is a little pricey at a tad over $200, but its worth every dollar, this is a high quality 3 Ton jack that wont break your back carrying it around.
Note: To clear up any confusion, the product we reviewed was a slightly older model that still came with the purple finish. Whilst the 2 ton Arcan ALJ2T aluminum floor Jack still maintains the purple finish that has been synonymous with this jack, the newer version of the 3 ton is still a very attractive looking silver, not that it should count for that much but this is a really good looking jack.
Owners Manual – Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack Manual Download here (right click then “save as”)